Welcome to The DSPL Area 9 Home Page
What is Delivering Special Provision Locally (DSPL)?
DSPL is a Hertfordshire-wide partnership approach where parents, staff in early years settings and schools, further education colleges, local authority officers and representatives from other agencies, work together as part of an Area Group, reviewing and developing the range of provision and support services available to their local community that :
- Meets the needs of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), aged 0-25, as close to home as possible.
- Improves outcomes for wellbeing and attainment
- Widens choice for children and parers/carers
- Removes barriers to learning
- Uses resources more effectively
There are nine DSPL Area Groups across the county that meet regularly to discuss what services are available and to influence how services are shaped and developed to ensure the children and young people with SEND in their area receive the right support in their educational activities.
- DSPL 9 Local Offer (273KB)
- DSPL9 Group Members (192KB)
- Workstream Diagram (316KB)
- Strategic Plan 2018-19 (674KB)
- Terms of Reference (406KB)
- DSPL County Map (492KB)
DSPL on Hertfordshire Grid for Learning – www.thegrid.org.uk/learning/sen/whole_school/dspl/
DSPL on HertsDirect – www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/dspl
SEND Strategy & Local Offer can be found at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/localoffer
Parent Network – Families In Focus www.familiesinfocus.co.uk
Drop In Advice Sessions, Helpline and Workshops SENSOS https://www.sossen.org.uk/
Current as of October 2019